The first step in properly approaching any safety project is to perform a Safety Assessment or evaluation of the current state. Upon completion, a Risk Reduction Plan (RRP) to eliminate risks to an acceptable degree is formulated. Grantek’s Safety group offers the following assessments and evaluation services, either as a stand-alone service or as part of a larger integration project:
- Task/Hazard based Risk Assessments – Identification of tasks and associated hazards to estimate level of risk.
- Risk Reduction Plans – High level plan for application of safeguarding measures to reduce risk to an acceptable level.
- Safety Requirement Specifications – Detailed set of design and performance related specifications for guards, safeguards, and safety-related parts of control systems.
- Lockout/Tagout Evaluation – Evaluation of energy isolation devices and Lockout/Tagout procedures.
- Equipment Safety Inspections – Cursory evaluation of the application of guards and safeguards.
- Site Surveys – High level overview of a grouping of equipment within a facility to determine overall risk, project priority, and estimated budgeting.
- Stop Time Measurements – Determination of equipment stopping time for verification of proper mounting distances of safeguarding devices.
- Compliance Evaluations – Evaluation of equipment against regulatory requirements and industry consensus standards.
- Annual/Bi-Annual Safety Audits – Regularly scheduled audits to ensure no new hazards have been created and all safeguarding solutions are still performing as designed.