Food and Beverage
Grantek has over three decades of wide-ranging experience in the Food and Beverage industry. We have completed project work across a broad range of products, including Brewing, Soft Drinks, Meats, Dairy and Snacks. We understand the industry best practices and the regulatory compliance which Food and Beverage manufacturers must meet including Sanitation, Food Safety, Product Validation and Innovation.
We offer deep expertise in the following areas:
- Label Verification
- Process Design – P&ID’s and PFD’s
- Packaging Design / Layout
- Electrical Design and Layout
- Controls and Automation for Process and Packaging
- Networks / Cybersecurity / Infrastructure
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- OEE and Downtime Tracking
- Batching Systems
- Automated Recipe Management
- Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) and ERP Integration
- Track & Trace
- Allergen and Product Verification
- Mass Balance Intelligence
- Process Historians
- Machine Safety
- Plant and Line Relocations and Consolidations
Many Food and Beverage producers rely on fully Automated Systems to ensure production flexibility at a large scale to meet growing demands. Maximizing the capacity of the automated systems means measuring production correctly, ensuring complete but fast sanitation, minimizing energy usage, ensuring mass balance, reducing product changeover times, increasing yields, and ensuring quality and food safety.
Traceability provides the producer with the information necessary to minimize the scope of a recall and improve quality overall and reduce cost by reducing waste and catching problems early. Further, a properly integrated system provides important information for use in hazard analysis when required.
Grantek has experience across the breadth of the Food and Beverage industry. Our expertise goes well beyond simply automating food production. We integrate systems through all five levels of the ISA-95 model to provide actionable business intelligence. Grantek’s Food and Beverage Consulting team has wide-ranging expertise and can help generate a Strategic Roadmap to plan future upgrades and expansions. Allowing clients to improve efficiency, increase yields, and maximize ROI by implementing upgrades in logical steps.
Grantek has vast experience automating and integrating the following types of Food and Beverage production:
- Continuous process
- Batch process
- Discrete manufacturing (assembly and packaging)