- ACCESSIBILITY PLAN – WELCOMING PEOPLE WITH A DISABILITY ONTO OUR PREMISES
1.1 Grantek Customer Service Plan
Grantek Systems is committed to excellence in customer service while welcoming all people to our premises, including those with disabilities. We will ensure we interact with all customers in a manner that:
- Accommodates individual disability-related needs
- Reflects the principles of dignity and independence
- Seeks to provide integrated services
- Occurs in a timely fashion
1.2 Assistive devices
Where applicable and required, we will ensure that our employees are trained and familiar with the various assistive devices we have on site or that we provide, that may be used by people with disabilities while accessing our services or premises.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability. We will consult with people with disabilities to determine their information and communication needs.
1.4 Service animals
We will welcome people with disabilities and their service animals to our premises. Service animals are allowed on our premises that are open to the public.
1.5 Support persons
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them onto our premises.
1.6 Notice of temporary disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to our facilities for people with disabilities, Grantek will notify those people promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
We are committed to fair and accessible employment practices. We will take steps to notify the public and staff that, when requested, we will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment process and when people are hired.
Where applicable and required, Grantek will provide training to Ontario employees, volunteers and others who directly deal with the public or other third parties on our behalf. Training will also be provided to Ontario people involved in the development of policies, plans, practices and procedures related to the provision of our goods and services.
Individuals in the following positions will be trained: Ontario HR, Ontario Reception.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard.
- Grantek’s policy related to this standard.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person.
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Grantek’s premises.
Such employees will also be trained when changes are made to your accessible customer service plan.
1.9 Accessible Formats and Communications Supports
If a person with a disability needs an accessible format, or help to communicate with us, we will work with the person to provide the format or support that will meet their needs at no additional cost to them. If we are not able to meet the person’s particular requirement in a reasonable timeframe, we will inform them and will work with them to determine an alternate method or will provide a summary of the information.
1.10 Feedback process
People who wish to provide feedback on the way Grantek welcomes people with disabilities can do so in the following ways:
- In person at our Burlington, Ontario office.
- Email our Human Resources Manager.
- Call our Human Resources Manager.
Human Resources Manager
4480 Harvester Road, Burlington, Ontario, L7L 4X2
All feedback, including complaints, will be directed it to HR
People can expect to hear back within 10 days.
1.11 Modifications to this or other policies
Any policy of Grantek that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.