Verification and Validation
Verification and Validation are quality assurance measures for the avoidance of unintended consequences during the design and implementation of any risk reduction measure. Verification and Validation are separate processes, each with their own sets of individual requirements. Together, they contribute to the assurance in the integrity of risk reduction measures, leading to an informed final decision to release a machine for normal use.
- Verification is focused on ensuring design outputs are checked and approved before any design is released for construction. Verification includes activities surrounding the analysis of design elements or the entire design. Typically, Verification activities are most important when involving safety-related parts of control systems.
- Validation is focused on ensuring that the installation conforms to requirements established by the design and Risk Reduction Plan. Validation occurs during or at the end of the development process and determines the suitability and whether performance aligns with intended purpose. Typically, this is accomplished through analysis, testing, and fault injection.
What Services Can Grantek Perform?
Verification and Validation services are included as part of our turn-key project upgrades, however they can also be treated as stand-alone services.
Examples of Verification and Validation services include:
- SISTEMA reports
- Circuit diagram reviews
- Safety controller program reviews
- Safe distance calculation reviews
- Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT)
- Site Acceptance Testing (SAT)
- Stop time measures
- Fault injection and simulation
- Operational sequence testing