Video – Machine Safety: Missed Opportunities When Trying to Improve Both Safety and Productivity
April 25, 2019
Grantek has released a new video. Machine Safety: Missed Opportunities When Trying to Improve Both Safety and Productivity is now available by clicking here. This video features Jeff Winter, Grantek’s Senior Director of Strategic Initiatives.
This video is the next installment of thought leadership in Machine Safety. The video will cover the latest trends in Machine Safety, providing you with tangible insight and information to safeguard your machines and protect your operations.
Takeaways will include:
- Missed Opportunity 1: Not Including Safety in your MES Strategy
- Missed Opportunity 2: Not Including Control of Hazardous Energy in your Safeguarding Risk Assessment Process
- Missed Opportunity 3: Not Upgrading your Safety when Upgrading Machine Controls
- Missed Opportunity 4: Not Separating Protective Stops and E stops
- Missed Opportunity 5: Not Including EHS Initiatives in Engineering/Operations Capital Projects and Maintenance Projects
About the Presenter: Jeff Winter is the Senior Director of Strategic Initiatives at Grantek, where he leads a team of engineers in developing and delivering machine safety services across North America. With over 10 years of experience working for several different safety product manufacturers, he has a unique experience in bridging OSHA regulatory compliance and safety standards interpretation with engineering requirements and corporate safety strategy. Throughout his career he has been a leader in educating the industry on the benefits of machine safety through hosting best practice industry events, participating in speaking engagements, developing white papers, and writing technical articles. Jeff is currently the Machinery Chair of the Safety and Cybersecurity Division of the International Society of Automation (ISA). Jeff is also a TÜV Functional Safety Engineer, Board Certified Safety Professional, voting member of the ANSI B11 Accredited Standards Committee, and member of the American Society of Safety Engineers Three Rivers Chapter.