Machine Safety 101 Workshop
March 8, 2017
On March 10th 2017, our own Director of Safety Practice, Jeff Winter will be presenting a workshop on best practice in machine safety at the ASSE Three Rivers Chapter Technical Session Meeting hosted.
The session consists of two components a training component and a workshop to apply the knowledge learnt from the training.
Machine Safeguarding Training:
Everyone knows Machine Safety is important, required and the right thing to do, but how do you move forward when standards and technology seem to be constantly changing?
- Understand the changing Industry consensus standards and how they relate to regulatory requirements
- Leverage new technology to turn safety into a competitive advantage
- Identify the key elements in an effective machine safety program
- Learn industry best practices in bridging Lockout/Tagout and Machine Safeguarding using the new ASSE Z244.1 2016 Standard.
Machine Safeguarding Workshop:
After the training/educational seminar, a workshop will provide an ability to collaborate with other professionals to review current best practices and come together to find solutions for developing a holistic machine safety program.
Apply the knowledge from the training to real world examples.
The four breakout sessions:
- Developing Machine Safety Standards for your organization
- Integrating Machine Safeguarding and LOTO for your organization
- Evaluating a few real-life scenarios for common unknown risks with machine safety
- Peer review of successes using new Safety Technology
Jeff Winter, who will be leading the session is the director of Grantek Systems Integration’s Safety Practice, he has a unique experience in bridging OSHA regulatory compliance and safety standards interpretation with engineering requirements and corporate safety strategy.
Jeff is also a TÜV Functional Safety Engineer, Board Certified Safety Professional, voting member of the ANSI B11 Accredited Standards Committee, and the current president for ASSE Three Rivers Chapter.
Location: Lisle, IL
Date: March, 10th 2017