Grantek’s life sciences customers requested a light-weight, cloud-based, scalable Environmental Monitoring System (EMS), so we built a solution in our Guardian cloud environment called BAS Lite to meet their needs and the needs of other clients in the industry as well as the Food and Beverage vertical. BAS Lite provides environmental monitoring, alarming and notification capabilities but does not include the building control functions of a complete Building Automation System (BAS). It is a low impact, more affordable way to monitor environmental conditions without also having to replace your existing HVAC controls or to add substantial hardware to your data center. Environmental monitoring is ubiquitous in the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industries, as the products are manufactured and stored under stringent environmental conditions. Some Food & Beverage facilities also require environmental monitoring to ensure the quality of their products. BAS Lite ensures that manufacturers can meet these requirements without requiring a substantial infrastructure investment.
Grantek’s BAS Lite solution provides:
- Cloud-based environmental monitoring and alarming system for the Life Sciences and Food and Beverages industries.
- Handles data collection, processing, alarming, and notification.
- Built on Amazon Web Services (AWS), specifically the EC2 and RDS, as well as other services for load balancing, caching, VPN/Security, and email delivery.
- 21 CFR Part 11 ready solution – meets the technical requirements for compliance and uses encryption to satisfy the requirements of an “open system”.
- Subscription-based service, end-to-end, from installation, through on-going support, to periodic sensor calibration.
- Light-weight deployment on site – the infrastructure is in the cloud – all you need is a connection to the internet.
- Leverages industry-standard components: PLCs installed in industrial electrical cabinets (NEMA 12, NEMA 4X and others).
- Notification can be via SMS, email or voice – 24×7, 365 days a year.